Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Vun! Vun Vool Vampire! Ah ah ah...

I was out buying art supplies and stumbled upon a tiny, wooden coffin. I knew if I designed a tiny, little vampire to stuff into it I could convince my friend at runredrun.com to sculpt it. So I bought the coffin, sketched out the very simple design you see here and gave them to my friend.


She accepted the challenge and -- though the spats and collar were wisely dumped for a number of reasons -- she recreated my design in felted wool and he's even cuter than my original sketch. You can see a few more of my friends Halloween-themed creations and runredrun.com as well as details on where to buy these little cuties.


Inside info: If the suspense was killing you and you want to know the truth, the spats looked like sweatsocks so that design element was dumped right away. As for the collar, the vampire's head was so enormous it completely obscured the collar. And now you know the rest of the story. -v




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog. One favor : If you're gonna comment, can you keep it clean? You know...for the kids. Thanks.