Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

You Need Your Fiber

One of the side projects I've been working on is designing characters for a friend who is a fiber artist. What's a fiber artist? Well, there's about a dozen answers to that question, but in this case my friend works with various fibers and fabrics to create three-dimensional sculptures or art dolls that you can sit on a shelf or throw at your cat.


The best part of this job? So far I've got complete carte blanche as far as the designs go. One of the first ones I worked on was this little Red Riding Hood. My only directive? She wanted it simple and cute. Done. I don't have the photos of the completed doll yet (and her website is still down while it gets a revamp) but until I can point you elsewhere, keep an eye out here for my other designs. -v

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog. One favor : If you're gonna comment, can you keep it clean? You know...for the kids. Thanks.