Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Why Do I Bother Going Outside?

What happened to all the electrical outlets in the bookstore cafes, coffee shops and lunchrooms around Pittsburgh? For years, everybody told me I just had to get a laptop so I could get out of my cave and soak up some sunlight, fresh air and social interaction. But every time I Iug my macbook someplace to get some work done, I discover there are only 2 or 3 outlets and they're being used by people reading email. Wha? I thought everybody read their email on their phones now.


I know I could run on battery power, but even if macbooks had fantastically long-lasting batteries -- which they don't -- Photoshop can eat up battery life like cookie monster eats cookies. So listen (especially you, Barnes & Noble) we need more outlets! Otherwise I just end up sitting around, gulping down overpriced drinks, reading comic books for free and doing really insulting caricatures of whatever friends are unlucky enough to be sitting with me at the time (and now you understand the illustration). -v

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog. One favor : If you're gonna comment, can you keep it clean? You know...for the kids. Thanks.