Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Happy Birthday To Mom

Most people think I'm a sweetheart because I take the time to design and draw personalized birthday/holiday cards for my mom, grandma and other important people in my life. But I'll let you in on a little secret: I'm really just a cheapskate.


Drawing something is a heck of a lot cheaper than driving down to the local drug store and shelling out three bucks for a greeting card. And I always write my own greeting in the card anyway. Are there people who don't? Is there someone out there sending cards to their mom and just signing their name to someone else's art work and poetry? For shame.


Work-In-Progress steps below. It might help you to know my mom was a very skilled violinist at one time in her life. But, alas, she had to sell her violin to pay for the truckloads of baby food I wolfed down as an infant. -v



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog. One favor : If you're gonna comment, can you keep it clean? You know...for the kids. Thanks.