Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

My Fan Art for Pat Lewis' Muscles Diablo!


Hey, I realized I never posted my process steps for this piece! This is fan art for the thrilling, gangsters vs. monsters webcomic Muscles Diablo in : Where Terror Lurks by talented illustrator, Pat Lewis. He's just finished chapter 7 of the online comic, and you can read the whole thing so far if you click this link ri 'chere!  Down below are my steps.

Pencils. Self-explanatory, really. I took a pencil and drew this. I chose a scene from Muscles Diablo where he gets in a bar fight with a Bigfoot. You'll note Pat Lewis' Bigfoots are a lot scarier than my Bigfoot. On to the next step!



Inks. Digital inks, to be exact. Done, I believe, in Photoshop. Ok, move to the next step!


Flat colors. Basically just filling the shapes with flat color in Photoshop. Done. Go!


Final colors. Here I added in all the shadows, highlights and cooled down the bar a bit to give it a dark, grimy look. The piece is basically done here, but if you look at the image at the top of this post, you'll see I ran a halftone filter over it and yellowed it up a bit to make it look worn. That's all. Now if you haven't already done it, go check out Pat Lewis' awesome webcomic Muscles Diablo in: Where Terror Lurks! -v

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog. One favor : If you're gonna comment, can you keep it clean? You know...for the kids. Thanks.