Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

PSI's Drawing Under The Influence Show Rides Again!

...and this time, I'm in charge! I've been working with the folks at Art Institute of Pittsburgh to help organize Pittsburgh Society of illustrator's second exhibition of our Drawing Under The Influence show this December. The show, as you may recall, is comprised entirely of the artwork from PSI's latest illustrator directory -- which doubles as a handy mixed drink guide (perfect for all you art-loving tipplers out there). We had a successful run with the exhibit in Shadyside this Summer, but this time I'm chairing the show. So, really, disaster looms.


You've seen my Shirley Temple and Sleepy Hollow pieces on my blog and website, but now you can see them up close along with fifty other illustrations from some of the most talented artists in Pittsburgh. As well, since AIP is an art school, after all, we'll be setting up a few displays that outline the process some of these illustrators took to get from the idea stage to finished art. If you read this blog, you probably enjoy work-in-progress stuff (or long-winded artsy-types). Either way, the exhibit ought to be right up your alley.


Opening reception for the show is at the Art Institute Gallery, Friday, December 2nd, from 5:30 to 8:30. There will be some sort of hors-d'oeuvres (Ah, nertz, I still have to call the caterer!) and a few drink samples straight out of our Drawing Under the Influence directory. It's a nice way to kick off the holiday season and, frankly, the more people that show up, the better I look. I, myself, will be there. Most likely, at the book table, selling copies of the directory for a measly $5. Stop by and see me. And if you catch me embezzling funds, you get a free directory! -v

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog. One favor : If you're gonna comment, can you keep it clean? You know...for the kids. Thanks.