Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Just An Innocent Bystander

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted. I'm actually really busy trying to finish a book proposal and a few other projects. I've been frantically pushing to meet deadlines and just didn't have time to post anything on the blog--until I saw this guy.


Just an innocent bystander I saw at the bookstore today. Nothing particularly remarkable about him but his posture absolutely fascinated me. His spine seemed cartoonishly misaligned but, somehow, counterbalanced perfectly with his belly. I got the sense that if he leaned backward or forward just a fraction of an inch he would topple.


So I shoved my work aside and scribbled out this sketch as fast as I could before he collapsed in a heap or put down the magazine and walked away. And when he did finally walk away? Graceful as a jungle cat. Go figure. -v

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog. One favor : If you're gonna comment, can you keep it clean? You know...for the kids. Thanks.