Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

El Dia de los Muertos Mask, First Attempt

With Halloween around the corner, I can't help but think about El Dia de los Muertos, the Mexican "Day of the Dead." I have a bunch of Day of the Dead stuff hanging around my studio so it's easy to find references for potential doodles.


For this illustration, I decided to fiddle around in Adobe Illustrator. Truthfully, I was putting off another project and I didn't feel like doing anything that resembled real work. So after blowing a half hour staring at the wall where a few Mexican Day of the Dead masks hang, I decided to create this spooky guy. It was fun, but I want to explore the program a little more. So you'll probably see a few more of these in the days leading up to Halloween. -v

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog. One favor : If you're gonna comment, can you keep it clean? You know...for the kids. Thanks.