Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

Why Is George Schill Smiling?

Probably because he looks nothing like this caricature I just did of him. George is an illustrator friend of mine. He's funny and talented and, because of that, he does a ton of work for American Greetings. Chances are if you sent a smart-alecky card to a friend recently, you sent one of George's.


So why draw him? First, I know he reads my blog. Yeah, he's that bored. Second, I was just reading an interview with George where he talked about the importance of keeping a loose, spontaneity to his illustrations. So, I took his advice, jumped right on the old Wacom without any preliminary sketches and banged out this portrait in under an hour. For me, that's rushing it.


So, how did it turn out? Eh. He looks like a crazed muppet. But if you've ever talked to him in person...it's not that far off the mark. And if you want to check out some of George's work, visit his website at georgeschill.com -v

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog. One favor : If you're gonna comment, can you keep it clean? You know...for the kids. Thanks.