Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Creature From Thursday Afternoon

I know it's only a week or so into September but I can already feel October coming on. And with October comes Halloween and with Halloween comes monsters.


I started this guy about a week ago and thought I'd work on him off and on between my other projects, but I've completely neglected him. So, this afternoon -- a cool, overcast Thursday -- I thought I'd take some time to finish him up.


Below, for anyone interested, are the work-in-progress steps. 1) The pencil rendering, 2) the underpainting and 3) working in details. In the end I just added some tropical foliage , shafts of moonlight and dripping swamp water for mood. -v


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog. One favor : If you're gonna comment, can you keep it clean? You know...for the kids. Thanks.