Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Real Tales Of Flood Disaster

Normally I post an illustration with my inane ramblings. This time, someone else's artwork gets the spotlight...


Without a doubt, one of my most cherished possessions is this complete set of 5-foot tall, custom-framed prints of Marc Davis' hilariously gruesome 1965 illustrations for Disney's Haunted Mansion attraction.


So you can imagine my horror when I returned from dinner the other night to find the room they're currently stored in was flooded in a flash thunderstorm. The butcher paper they were lovingly wrapped in was damp on one end, so I ripped it off in a frenzy. There didn't seem to be any damage to the print or the mount, and the frame looks unharmed. But the water-staining on the bottom edge of the backing paper had me up all night with a low-power hair dryer and a sham-wow.


I'll be taking them to my framer this week so she can make sure they're ok and replace the backing paper. But I figured since they were unwrapped I'd snap a photo and let you get a gander at them. If you're drooling with envy or experiencing giddy fits of nostalgic euphoria, yes, that's the proper response. -v

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog. One favor : If you're gonna comment, can you keep it clean? You know...for the kids. Thanks.