Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Illustration Friday : Resolve

Yesterday's Illustration Friday topic was "resolve" so I thought I'd take a run at it. It took me about seven hours to slap this together -- the classic David & Goliath bout. Technically, it covers two definitions of resolve. 1) David is steadfast in his resolve to defeat Goliath, and 2) his actions will likely resolve the conflict at hand. Ka-Blam! Two in one! Noun and a verb!


And while I'm at it, here's some David & Goliath trivia: It's estimated that David the rock-thrower was around 15 years old and the "giant" Goliath was, possibly, only 6 foot 7. That's like a skatepunk with a slingshot taking out RuPaul. Which is totally believable. And if it ever happens, you heard it here first.


For anybody who's interested, I also posted some of the rough sketches for this piece. And for those who just can't get enough of these speedy little challenges, feel free to take a gander at my first attempt at Illustration Friday, "The Music Critic." -v




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog. One favor : If you're gonna comment, can you keep it clean? You know...for the kids. Thanks.