Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Bigfoot Sketch Card - The Rare, Hand-Done Doodle

[Note: I say "hand-done" as if I don't use my hands when I work digitally. Such is the ridiculousness of convention.]

This is my Bigfoot character. Looks like he's posing for his High School Yearbook, no? I've been experimenting with some sketch card artwork over at my webcomic site, Untold Tales of Bigfoot. Most of my illustrations start with pencil on paper, and sometimes I take it pretty far into a tonal drawing before scanning it. But working on a tiny, 2.5" x3.5" piece of Bristol forced me to dig out the ol' ink pens and markers to bring this cartoony Bigfoot drawing to the color stage. It's fun to mess around with the old art class tools. Since this is a process blog, I've posted my steps below. Very simple -- pencil sketch, inks with art pens, then colors with Prismacolor Markers. 

Now, if you'd like the chance to own this cute little sketch card, you're in luck because I'm running a giveaway! All you have to do is follow the Untold Tales of Bigfoot webcomic blog (either through email updates or Wordpress) and you'll be entered to win this signed, hand-crafted illustration of my Bigfoot character. Just head on over to Untold Tales of Bigfoot for all the details. And even if you don't want the sketch card, you should follow the comic anyway…it's fun! -v

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog. One favor : If you're gonna comment, can you keep it clean? You know...for the kids. Thanks.