Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Color Me! A Coloring Page for Mike's Berries

I did this coloring page illustration for a friend of mine whose family owns Mike's Berries, Vegetables & More, a produce farm in Ohio. Because he's a friend, I did the job free-of-charge -- well, almost free-of-charge. The deal is that every time I go to the farm I get to keep as many strawberries as will fit in my mouth at one time.

The coloring sheet (process steps below) is just a fun little kid's project to help get families excited about going to the farm. Mike's Berries specializes in strawberries, but also raises blackberries, garlic, tomatoes and potatoes. I'm going to assume my coloring sheet had the desired effect because the strawberries sold out almost instantly. Don't worry, the next pick-your-own strawberry crop will be ready this August. Until then, treat yourself to some of their other naturally grown produce. That's right -- no harmful pesticides or chemicals at Mike's Berries, just "hard work and Mother Nature." Check their website for availability and hours.

And if you'd like to try your hand at coloring, here's a link to the downloadable pdf of my illustration. It's about as close as I'm going to get to doing any actual farming. -v




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog. One favor : If you're gonna comment, can you keep it clean? You know...for the kids. Thanks.