Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dan Santat's A Class Act!

Hey, after a horrible snafu with the post office (my mortal enemy), I finally received my signed copy of Dan Santat's new graphic novel, Sidekicks! If you read this blog, you know I was one of a few people who helped paint in some flats for Dan (who, I think, was on 3 or 4 other tight deadlines). And one of the perks of the job was getting a signed copy of the book. Extra-special thanks to Dan for sending me a second copy after the post office managed to lose the first one. Here's the scan of the first page, which Dan personalized for me with a cute cartoon and a signature.


Another perk was getting my name in the "super special thanks" section of the book. See where I landed? Good position, right at the beginning of a line, easy to spot. I wish all my credits landed so nicely.


So, now that I've got the book in hand, I tore through it and loved it. It's funny and sweet, and it's got some great superhero action. What are you waiting for? Go get one! And don't forget to turn to the back page and admire my name for a while when you're done reading it. It'll make me feel important. -v


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog. One favor : If you're gonna comment, can you keep it clean? You know...for the kids. Thanks.