Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year!

Hope everyone had a safe, happy, new year's eve. I went retro and played Password with some friends at an intimate get-together / Candace party (hint: the correct password for prevent is inhibit, for some reason, in case you play the game). And I spent the days leading up to that party on this Happy New Year card for another friend.



Here's the quickly-scribbled napkin sketch I did at a restaurant and then quickly crumpled into my pocket for later. When I got home I tried to flesh out the caricature a bit more. This first pass looked a little too much like a grown up Marcie, so I sketched a few more versions to work out the kinks.



Here's the final pencil sketch. It's a much better caricature of my friend and her cats. I scanned it into Photoshop, inked it and colored it, fixing some perspective glitches on the fly. The end result is up top. Has my friend responded with unbridled joy at being drawn in such a manner? The password is negative. -v



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog. One favor : If you're gonna comment, can you keep it clean? You know...for the kids. Thanks.