Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

I'm Getting Under Somebody's Skin (Part 1)

I know this seems like something that should've been posted back in October. Bear with me and you can get back to your cocoa and Christmas carols in two minutes.


A friend of mine who, like me, is a huge fan of Halloween (the holiday) asked me to put together a design incorporating a bunch of iconic Halloween imagery; bats, skeletons, jack o' lanterns, black cats, etc. to be used as the basis for his next tattoo. I love drawing that stuff, so this was a fun assignment. There was really no other direction, so it was tough to get started...too many directions to turn. But, eventually, I landed on something I thought would highlight all the various elements.


I just got the first photos from the actual tattoo process. I was a little thrown off by the horizontal flip of the design, but apparently the tattoo is on the side of my friend's leg and the tattoo artist thought it would sit better "facing front." At the design stage, the exact placement was still up in the air, but I agree with the decision. I think he did a perfectly fine job of flipping it. Looks painful, doesn't it? Apparently, it wasn't too bad. But the colored ink comes next. I'll keep you posted.


Below are some work-in-progress shots of the design stage. Stay tuned for more steps in the tattoo process. -v




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog. One favor : If you're gonna comment, can you keep it clean? You know...for the kids. Thanks.