Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

To Market, To Market, Jiggity-Jog

Marketing. Ugh. It's part of my business to market myself and -- I'll admit it -- it's my least favorite part. Well, maybe price haggling is possibly worse, but trying to figure out where to spend your advertising dollar gets more difficult every year. I'm about to resort to a sandwich board and a big bell.


Luckily, for me, I have a friend who's mere weeks away from his MBA in Marketing and every once in a while he throws me some suggestions. His latest: "Why don't you put some share buttons on your blog so people can actually Tweet your stuff or post it on Facebook?" I believe he silently added, "you idiot" but I can't be sure.


I realized he was right. So I took his advice and now you have the ability to post my stuff on Facebook, or re-Tweet it or whatever you want to do. There are share buttons in each individual post, as well as buttons in the sidebar that should allow you to share the entire blog. Ah, technology.


So, a big thanks goes out to my friend, Mike, for his insight. I'm hoping to take advantage of everything he's learned before he starts charging me for his wisdom. If you'd like to benefit (free of charge) from his wisdom, feel free to visit his marketing blog, File Under Marketing. -v

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog. One favor : If you're gonna comment, can you keep it clean? You know...for the kids. Thanks.