Once again, my grandma sent me a nice little Christmas gift. She always remembers me at Christmas and it always helps make my holiday shine a little brighter. So, as I've done before, I took this opportunity to make her another thank you card. The work-in-progress steps are posted below for those interested. Thanks again, Grandma.
1) A really rough thumbnail quickly followed by my rough sketch
2) The polished sketch, just pencil on paper, then scanned into Photoshop
3) I warmed up the tone of the line and then brushed in some color
4) Still using very loose watercolor brushed in Photoshop, I add some warm browns
5) Highlights and shadows help model the figure. After this step I just painted in some tall grass as the bear's feet and cleaned up my line a little. And there you have it. A very grateful bear. -v