Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Happy 93rd Birthday, Grandma!

Well, another year has rolled 'round and it's time, once again, for me to sketch out a birthday card for my grandma. This year she gets a precocious kitty with a head for numbers. I hope she likes it.


At first I was going to tie the illustration in with some famous invention from 1918, but the only one of note that i found was the Browning Automatic Rifle. I don't know a lot about guns, but I hazard to guess this kitty cat wouldn't look half as cute holding a Browning Automatic Rifle as his does playing with yarn. So I went with the yarn. Grandma will no doubt appreciate that.


As usual, I've posted some work-in-progress steps below. Nothing fancy this time, really. Just a pencil sketch scanned in and painted in Photoshop. I wanted a natural look and I think I got it. Hope it helps my grandma have a happy 93rd. -v

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog. One favor : If you're gonna comment, can you keep it clean? You know...for the kids. Thanks.