Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Why Work When You Can Watch The Misadventures of Flapjack?

That's what I asked myself all weekend. Because instead of doing the illustration I was supposed to do, I kept turning on the television to catch my new favorite cartoon, The Misadventures of Flapjack.


I'd just about given up on the Cartoon Network after it started filling it's dead spots with moronic, live-action reality shows for kids. But about a month ago I was flipping through the channels and this amazing looking cartoon with loads of texture and desaturated color caught my eye. I left it on and ended up laughing out loud at the off the wall humour. Between the art direction and the writing I cannot say enough good things about this cartoon. If you haven't yet, try to catch it.


The Misadventures of Flapjack (created by Camp Lazlo alumnus Mark Van Orman) is the shining jewel in the Cartoon Network crown and, if they know what's good for them, they'll program more stuff like this and ditch wastes of time like Destroy Build Destroy. -v

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading the blog. One favor : If you're gonna comment, can you keep it clean? You know...for the kids. Thanks.